Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Break, You Were So Worth the Wait

My first day of Spring Break was yesterday.  Yep, Wednesday....the middle of the week.  Thanks to all of the snow we got this year, the school decided to make up a few days over Spring Break.

Making up snow days on Spring Break didn't bother me.  The kiddos need to make up the time BEFORE the testing - not at the end of the school year when they are ready for summer break. 

I had only one thing planned for spring break....to do absolutely nothing! 

Unfortunately, that's never a plan that I get to keep.  No, even on Spring Break there's always something that needs to be done.

Instead, I have settled on doing little things here and there. 

Yesterday, Hubby took me shopping while the dog was at the groomers.  Fun with a chore to check off the list.  When we got home, I cleaned house a little....Lord knows it needs it.  Then it was off to pick up Peanut  from school and take her to my mom's.

Peanut only gets two days of spring break.  So, while the rest of us were enjoying a day off yesterday - she was still in school.  Butter and Jelly have been at my mom's since Sunday.  Butter was out of school for the whole week, and Jelly's daycare closed for the week. 

Today, I decided to take things a little easier.  I finished up the cleaning I started yesterday and then happily planted my behind on the couch for the afternoon with Jelly.  Butter amused himself outside while Jelly and I got caught up on some Dora and Diego.

Yes, I even had the luxury of taking a nap!! 

Now, it's just about time for me to cook dinner. 

After dinner, more couch sitting is planned.  Going to watch some TV, maybe a movie, and do some more of that relaxing stuff.

Tomorrow, I have some organizing and cleaning to do in my office.  It's time to pack away all of the senior project stuff and focus solely on job finding stuff.  Basically, that means cleaning the entire office so that I can focus on ANYTHING.  Yeah, it's a mess.

Tomorrow night is what I'm looking forward to.  Finally a night out!! Haven't had one in a very long time.  I like to get out every once in a while with my closest gal pal.  It will be nice to let loose, sing a little karaoke, and just have a fun time.

OK, time to go cook dinner. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts :)